Webcam talk like yahoo
Yahoo Messenger Safety Guide
Yahoo Messenger is a device for communicating lightly with friends and family around the world. You can talk in real time, make high-quality movie calls, update your status, see your friends’ updates, send SMS messages, and share photos and files instantly.
Basics of the Messenger community
- Individuals of all ages are welcome on Yahoo Messenger.
- Everyone using Yahoo Messenger must go after the Yahoo Terms of Service.
You on Messenger
Yahoo ID: You can choose to use your Yahoo ID as your identity. It display when you communicate in Yahoo Messenger. If you choose to display a name instead of your Yahoo ID, the name is associated with your Yahoo Profile.
Yahoo alias: If you’d like to talk in Yahoo Messenger using one of your account’s aliases instead of your Yahoo ID, inject your alias in the Yahoo ID field when you sign in to Yahoo Messenger and inject the account password for the Yahoo ID that you used to register. You can create a Yahoo alias in your Account settings.
What you should know
People can request to connect with you: Yahoo Messenger is a place to connect with your friends. Depending on your settings, people can request to add you as a contact or message you directly. By default, other people who use Messenger can request to add you to their contact list if they know your Yahoo ID. To adjust these settings, check out this movie about using your overlook list.
You can reference conversation history: With Yahoo Messenger, you can save conversations with friends. By default, your Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo Mail IM conversations are saved in your conversation history. You can turn this setting on or off in Yahoo Mail
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Sign in to Yahoo Messenger in Mail.
- Budge your mouse over the gear icon in the upper right of the screen.
- Select Messenger Options.
- Under "Conversation History," check to enable (or uncheck to disable) Keep a history of my conversations.
- Click OK.
Messenger safety: best practices
Mind your online status: People you are connected to on Messenger can see your online status ("Available," "Not at My Desk," etc.). For extra privacy — or to avoid distractions during work — set your online status to "Invisible."
Eliminate unwanted contacts: Yahoo Messenger lets you interact with whom you want. If you want to delete a contact:
- Right-click the person’s name and select Delete.
- Click Yes.
Recall: Before you delete a contact, make note of the Yahoo ID if you also want to add the person to your disregard list.
- Choose Help | Report Manhandle. A browser will open.
- Sign in with your Yahoo ID and password (if prompted). This will take you to a form.
- Pack out the form to the best of your capability, and submit it.
Significant: Please ensure that you have message archiving enabled. Enabling your conversation history is crucial; to take suitable act, Yahoo support staff will need to reference a total transcript of the conversation.
For more information on Content Moderation at Yahoo, please visit our Safety Center.